Monday, February 22, 2010

Okay, finally...

I never did find the USB cable to my big camera, but I've taken several pictures with the little camera I keep in my purse. While I was at scrap camp a few weeks ago, I was on the hunt for little plastic floss boxes to make treats for the kids for Valentine's Day. I found them at Walmart at the last possible moment and then stayed up until 11:00 the night before making these for the kids. I got the idea from Jana Eubank. I think they turned out soooo cute!


The girls each got a ZhuZhu pet and Declan got a cap gun.

We made Declan's Valentine's for his class and they turned out cute, but they are on the other camera. I'll post them as soon as I find the cable.... =)

The *big* news around here is that we got 4 CHICKENS!!! "The Girl's" are 4 week old pullets. 'Opal' and 'Pearl' are French Black Copper Marans (black) and 'Ethyl' and 'Myrtle' are Welsummers (brown). Both will lay brown eggs. We will be working on sprucing up the coop over the next few weekends as they are too little to go out in the coop yet. Right now they are in a dog cage in our laundry room.


Teagan and Maren played outside yesterday afternoon, and 'the girl's' came out on the back deck to enjoy some sunshine and fresh air.

I found a really neat website for backyard chickens, where I've found out all kinds of useful info. Next we will work on the fencing and get goats! Maybe a sheep too?

In the meantime, here are some pictures of the work we've done outside around the house. We had some very spring-like weather last week and we were outside as much as possible. Greg cut down a large shrub/tree that was blocking the view from the kitchen nook window. Next we took out the bushes that were along the back deck and sidewalk.



I started working on the planters out front. There was nasty landscape paper that all the weeds were growing on, so that has to come out. There are also some rather pathetic rose bushes, haven't decided if they will stay or go yet. I won't have to worry about right now though, as we are going to be getting rain again this week.

Thanks for looking, and I'll continue to look for the USB cable....


3 comments:

{pam} said...

omg . . . your little treat boxes for the kids are too stinkin' cute!! awesome idea!!!

as for the chickens . . . no fair . . . my bfe only has tweakers! LMAO!!!

we need to scrap again soon!

{{{hugs}}}

Cheri Pryor said...

The chickens are killing me. lol!!

What cute little treats! I love that idea.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you got some chickens! Now you need some bantys and a couple of barred rocks. As for the goat, hope you don't plan to grow any vegetables or flowers as everything edible in site of the goat will be eaten. And your cars will be jumped upon. My cousin raises sheep and they seem calmer.
Lisa