Friday, January 21, 2011

I'm going to just skip over Christmas...

For this post anyway.  It's too many pictures and details to go over!  I've only scrapbooked 1 Christmas for the exact same reasons.  I'm getting ready to go to 'ScrapCamp' in a couple of weeks and my goal is to catch up on all of my Christmas layouts.

Aside from the holidays, we've been busy around the pseudo farm.  Just before Christmas I sold my guinea hens.  There were originally 12, but 1 got dead, and one got missing.  So I sold 10 to a man from Elk Grove.  Those poor neighbors.  2 weeks ago I sold my goats to the contractor who has been doing some work on our house.  I was sad to see them go, but the difference in the amount of work has already been a relief.


Otis hurt his leg over Thanksgiving, pulled a muscle.  He continued to re-injure his leg to the point that it was non-operable.  So, two weeks ago we had his leg amputated.....  I know!  Add it to the laundry list of major expense this dog has been.  Greg says we're not getting anymore pure breds!  LOL!  Now we have the zippiest 3 legged whippet around.  He seems to feel much better and gets around fine with the exception of going up our wooden stairs.  But honestly, I've seen those stairs slow down a human being.

We've also got a trip planned to Disneyland.  We'd been talking about going for quite some time and I'd been asking my friends when was a good time to go (ie: not as busy).  We booked the trip and I began thinking of a way to surprise the kids to tell them.  Should I make a pizza like on a commercial I saw...  would I make a banner?  Well, Greg took that additional stress away by just walking in the front door and telling them!  Phews.

Well, I've got a wild, currently unsupervised 3 year old heading upstairs, so I'd better sign off for now.  Thanks for coming back to my poor, dusty blog.....

1 comment:

Cheri Pryor said...

Well it seems like we BOTH wiped the dust off our blogs recently. I meant to ask you at dinner how poor Otis was! It looks like it hasn't slowed him down a bit. So glad he is feeling better!