Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ohhh yeah....

It is officially spring in California. One day it's 96 degrees, the next is a high of 74 and windy. God knows I love the temperature, but save me the allergies. Puleeze. So we had an Easter egg hunt on Easter. It was basically over before Greg, Maren or I was up... I awoke to voices that sounded like they were in the back yard. Got me a little grumpy, to be honest......

Later in the day we went for a bike ride, I broke out the Lincoln Townbike... with the bike seat for Maren. Greg pull Declan and Teagan in a trailer on his bike. We *must* be a sight to be seen. I am beginning to embrace the fact that I have become entertainment for others. Anywhooo.... here is Maren and I on the beach cruiser.



I've created this barrier to keep (or at least slow down) the kids out of my scrap area. I had to move the gate from the loft to the top of the stairs. Although, there are days I think it would be safer to just leave the stairs open, and keep the gate at the loft....

Maren has only been walking for a few weeks, and she already climbs up on stuff, usually with something sticking out of her mouth, so she can impale herself on it if she were to fall.

The school year is winding down. Which reminded me that I had offered to make a scrapbook of the school year for Declan's teacher. Lord, why do I commit to these types of things??? I'm going to have to get busy on that. Other than that, we pass the days playing dress up, and battles with action figures. I found the harmonica that I had put away (for good reason). The kids had a blast with that. I took the new "Spring Kids" picture the day they were all playing with it. Hopefully no one is sick =)

We are having a little birthday party for Declan at our house (may the force be with me) on Sunday. I told D he could invite 5 of his friends, and we are pretty sure 4 of them are coming.

Other than that, I went to see a nutritionist speech last night. It was pretty inspiring. She talked about buying fruits and vegetables at the local Farmer's Market. I think we should live where I can ride the Lincoln Townbike (need to get a straw basket for the front) to the Farmer's market every Saturday morning. You know, along the coast... LOL!

2 comments:

Jana Eubank said...

That is one sweet bike!!! LOVE it!

Cheri Pryor said...

OMG!! I totally got a beach cruiser about 3 months ago. BRIGHT red (think oz) and guess what? It's got a basket on the front! lol!! I'm such a dork. Troy's is powder black with flames and skulls. We are quite a mis-matched pair on our cruisers. lol!!