Friday, September 17, 2010

Some House Pictures

Here is the entry.  We haven't done anything here, except clean.  To the left is the family room, and the right is the dining room.  Neither of which are in this post, I didn't take pictures of them yesterday.  I have been dragging all of the Halloween decorations out and spookifying the house.  One of my favorite things about this house is that it is neutral enough to change the accessories for the seasons.  I have Halloween things through the house!

ETA:  Here is a post I did when we first saw the house:  http://looptloop.blogspot.com/2009/07/more-house-cont.html

This is the hallway off the entry that leads to the laundry room (also not in this post) and the kitchen.  I'm looking for different wall sconces, or I may paint those white...
This is the little powder bath downstairs.  It had the red gingham wallpaper that made your eyes go wonky.  I painted the same color as my master.

Here is the kitchen.  We have installed the cabinet doors (new hinges and knobs), roman shades, baffles on the recessed can lights and the ceiling fan.  We still need to do base and crown molding, and I'd like to un-distress the cabinets.

Turns out that I love orange.  Another who knew....

This is looking into the master from the hallway.  Why, yes, that is a double vanity sink at the foot of my bed.  There is currently a single pedestal sink in the master so we bought this at Costco.  It's been sitting there since February and I think I'm going to miss it when it finally gets installed (possibly at the end of next week!!!). 
We changed all light fixtures, painted, new carpet and window coverings.
We just got those 2 chairs at Cost Plus last week.  Once the vanity is installed, I'd like to get a brown leather storage ottoman for the foot of the bed.  Initially I wanted to have a 4th bedroom built in-lieu of the large master, but then I would have had no where for my scrap space.  The girls will share a room until it's an issue
There's Jack Jack modeling the scrap space.  No, actually Otis is taunting him with that bone in the picture above!
And for the last photos of this post, the front porch.  Greg repaired several broken balusters and fixed and sanded many other areas.  Then he countersunk all the nailheads.  This was a huge job, as this was just raw wood.  We cleaned it too, it was filthy.  It may look dirty now, but at least it cleans up nicely.

Thanks for looking!  I'm going to do another post with the family room, dining room and kids rooms once I straighten them up some =)

3 comments:

Jimbo-Teddy-Bob said...

Where's the tractor? You got to have a new tractor...

Leanne Richardson said...

Wow Teresa, you and Greg have done a lot of work on the house. It looks great!

craftyvox said...

I have been out of the blogging sphere for so long, only just today was browsing old links and came back to your journal. I remember that post about the house well - it was around the time I found your blog originally! I liked it a lot back then already and I just love what you done to it over time. It's a very beautiful and comfortable, cosy looking home :-)